Call for Letters of Intent: Integrated Community based interventions
Application deadline: July 30th, 2008
- Ability to link up with control programmes in disease-endemic countries in the design, implementation and evaluation of the research.
- A research team that includes expertise in the fields of Social Sciences, Health Economics and Anthropology, Community Health and Health Systems Research and Communications.
- Funded studies are expected to deliver results within a time frame of 24-30 months from the initial funding.
- Letters of intent (LoIs) will be evaluated based on the relevance to the Call, feasibility and scientific merit. Selected LoIs will be further developed into full proposals for multicountry studies through a proposal development workshop in October 2008, after which 4- 5 research proposals will be submitted for funding. In the letter of intent, interested research groups should provide information of the following:
- Links to a community or the research site where the study will be conducted.
- Evidence of collaboration with national control programmes.
- Availability on the expertise required for this kind of research, as well as institutional and logistic support.
- How to apply: Interested groups are invited to submit a Letter of Intent of no more than four pages (size A4, font 12pt) outlining the following:
- Project title - Background and statement of the research question.
- Overall and specific objectives
- Overall study design
- Relationship with any ongoing programme, research project, previous research experience with CDI and network.
- Proposed principal researcher, research institution and study team Letters of Intent can be submitted in English or French.
A curriculum vitae of the principal researcher should be attached. Letters of Intent should be submitted via e-mail in MS-Word file attachment (*.doc) addressed to email@example.com