David Salvador Zamorano Sánchez
David Zamorano-Sánchez has a BSc in Basic Biomedical Research and a PhD in Biomedical Sciences from Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM). He specialized in the fields of bacterial genetics and functional genomics of prokaryotes, developing diverse projects that dealt with transcriptional regulation of genes involved in the nitrosative stress response, biofilm formation and nitrogen fixation. In 2013 he started a postdoctoral position at the University of California, Santa Cruz, where he led projects that focused on the study of signal perception and signal transduction in Vibrio cholerae. Since February 2018 he joined the Center for Genomic Sciences at UNAM as an Assistant Professor. His laboratory studies the molecular basis for decision making in bacteria at a systemic level.
The research lines of his group have the main purpose of understanding how diverse signal transduction systems (e.g. two component systems, alternative sigma factors and second messengers) control social behavior and stress response of pathogenic vibrios. The main genetic tools employed in his lab are forward genetics, reverse genetics, functional genomics, chemical genetics and synthetic biology.
He is a Review Editor for the journal Frontiers in Microbiology.
1. Conner JG, Zamorano-Sánchez D, Park JH, Sondermann H, Yildiz FH. 2017. The ins and outs of cyclic di-GMP signaling in Vibrio cholerae. Curr Opin Microbiol 36:20-29.
2. Teschler JK, Zamorano-Sánchez D, Utada AS, Warner CJA, Wong GCL, Linington RG, Yildiz FH. 2015. Living in the matrix: assembly and control of Vibrio cholerae biofilms. Nat Rev Microbiol 13:255-68.
3. Wang Y-C, Chin K-H, Tu Z-L, He J, Jones CJ, Sanchez DZ, Yildiz FH, Galperin MY, Chou S-H. 2016. Nucleotide binding by the widespread high-affinity cyclic di-GMP receptor MshEN domain. Nat Commun 7:12481.
4. Zamorano-Sánchez D, Fong JCN, Kilic S, Erill I, Yildiz FH. 2015. Identification and characterization of VpsR and VpsT binding sites in Vibrio cholerae. J Bacteriol 197:1221-35.
5. Warner CJA, Salinas M, Zamorano-Sánchez D, Bray WM, Lokey RS, Yildiz FH, Linington RG. 2018. The bioactive lipid ( S )-sebastenoic acid impacts motility and dispersion in Vibrio cholerae. Can J Chem 96:196-203.
Telephone: (777) 329 1777
|2013||Ramírez Yáñez, M, Guillén, G, Fuentes Membreño, S, Iñiguez Rabago, L, Aparicio Fabre, R, Zamorano Sánchez, D, Encarnación Guevara, S, Panzeri, D, Castiglioni, B, Cremonesi, P, Strozzi, F, Stella, A, Girard Cuesy, M, Sparvoli, F, Hernández Delgado, G. (2013). "Transcript profiling of common bean nodules subjected to oxidative stress". Physiologia Plantarum. 149(3):389-407. [doi:10.1111/ppl.12040]||23432573|
|2013||Reyes González, A, Zamorano Sánchez, D, Rivera Rosas, P, Girard Cuesy, M. (2013). "hFixL-FxkR are the key regulators for fixKf-related gene expression". Mexican Journal of Scientific Research. ():-.|
|2012||Zamorano Sánchez, D, Reyes-González, A, Gómez Hernández, N, Rivera, P, Georgellis, D, Girard Cuesy, M. (2012). "FxkR Provides the Missing Link in the fixL-fixK Signal Transduction Cascade in Rhizobium etli CFN42". Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions. 25(11):1506-1517. [doi:10.1094/MPMI-05-12-0136-R]||22809273|
|2015||Girard Cuesy, M, Zamorano Sánchez, D. (2015). "Fnr - like proteins in Rhizobia: past and future". Biological Nitrogen Fixation. 1():155-166. [doi:10.1002/9781119053095]|